Canadian citizens are required a Vietnam visa if they want to enter Vietnam. There are many kinds of visa and we will give you in detail of Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canadian citizens.
There are thousands of Canadian passport holders going to Vietnam every year, it means entering Vietnam is now not as difficult as in the past. If you want to enter Vietnam, you need to response these Vietnam Visa requirements for Canadian citizens.
Do Canadian nationals need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Unfortunately, Canada is not in Vietnam Exemption list so a visa is required for Canadian passport holders to visit Vietnam. The citizens of Canadian, who are willing and desirous to travel to Vietnam, must possess the necessary required information about getting the visa, this is one of Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian nationals. Generally, the entire information about the Vietnam Visa is available at the Vietnam embassy of the respective country.
Vietnam has an exemption list that some country do not need a visa to enter. If you are not Canadian citizens, please look up the list below to know whether your nationality is required to apply a Vietnam visa or not.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
There are 2 options that Canadian nationals may have: Getting Vietnam visa by visiting Vietnam embassy in Canada or applying online for a visa on arrival to Vietnam from Canada.
Here are some information when applying for Vietnam visa for Canadian passport holder:
- In case you want to apply for visa in person at Vietnam Embassy, you can find the address of Vietnam Embassy in Canada.
- Passport must be at least ONE MONTH valid prior to your proposed date of exit from Vietnam (ex. Visa issued for 01st – 30th March, 2019, passport expiration date must be from 30th April, 2019 on wards).
- Photo must NOT be taken more than one year ago.
- Processing time: 5-7 working days
Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
- Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6M8
- Telephone: (613) 236 0772
- Fax: (613) 236 2704
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Consular)
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival
If you live far away from the Vietnam Embassy and do not want to lose the documents (such as passport, money or documents) by postal mail or traffic jam once visiting Vietnam Embassy, you can apply for Vietnam visa on arrival. A trusted visa agent will help you apply Vietnam Visa Online for you and you will pick up your visa at one of Vietnam International Airports. Please do not hesitate to find out How to apply for Vietnam visa in Canada!
Vietnam visa on Arrival can be applied online anywhere even when you are in Canada or other countries and your next destination is Vietnam.
Stamping Vietnam Visa at Vietnam international airport
You can only get your visa stamped at Vietnam international airport when using Vietnam Visa on Arrival – a kind of visa that you can apply when you are at home. After having the approval letter, passenger can stamp visa at one of Vietnam international airport gates.
Ports of entry that permit the use of a Vietnam visa on arrival
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
Passenger should prepare the following documents to stamp Visa at the airport:
- Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department (which had been sent to your email)
- Immigration Form
- Passport and remaining period of over 6 months, with at least 2 blank pages
- Two 4×6 photos with white background, taken within 6 months and without glasses
- Stamping fee
If you are you afraid of having trouble at the airport for stamping visa such as be bothered or made difficulty by airport security or no one assists procedures for visa stamping at the Vietnamese international airports or could be denied visa stamping and rejected for entry, you can use FAST TRACK service with quick support for stamping visa at Vietnam airports. Some extra services are also available when you apply online as CAR PICK UP, BOOKING HOTEL, BOOKING TOUR,…these services can make your trip to Vietnam comfortable and rhythmic.
How much does Vietnam Visa cost? Please refer Vietnam Visa fees in Canada for visa fee and service fee information.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Victoria, Halifax, Quebec, Calgary or any cities in Canada. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Requirements of Vietnam Visa for Canadian citizens to work
Canadian citizens are now in Vietnam for working purpose so much. You know, if Canadian citizens want to work in Vietnam in a long time, they can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, they need Visa to work, this is also a permission that allows them to work in Vietnam.
About Requiremtns of Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens, there are something to be noted:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from England or from other countries to Vietnam.
Vietnam visa extension for Canadian citizens
Provisions of the Government of Vietnam published that foreigners in general and Canadian citizens in particular are only allowed to stay in Vietnam for a limited period. This is one of those rquirements about Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens as well: extension for Vietnam visa. In case the passenger has visa expired without further extension, they will be punished due to overdue visa, can be deported from Vietnam and listed on the entry blacklist.
We heartily inform you that when you enter Vietnam Tan Son Nhat border gate in Ho Chi Minh City, Moc Bai border gate Tay Ninh Province, you will easily extend your visa and save cost than Noi Bai border gate in Hanoi or Da Nang and Nha Trang.
The 3 basic Vietnam Visa extension are trade visa, tourism visa, and work visa. The requirements and preocedures of Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens are different.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- 1 Floor, 56A Nguyen Cu Trinh St, Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: email@example.com
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/