Do paraguay citizens need to apply Vietnam visa?
Paraguay Passport Holders are required visa for entering Vietnam.
There’re 2 ways to get visa for entering Vietnam : 1/ Apply visa at embassy & 2/ Apply online to get approval for getting visa on arrival Vietnam.
- Unfortunately, No embassy of Vietnam in Paraguay & Embassy of Vietnam in Countries Close to Paraguay if you want to go : Brazil, Argentina & Venezuela
- Best way for Paraguay citizen to get Vietnam visa without going to embassy : Apply for getting visa on arrival Vietnam.
Do Paraguay citizens need visa for entering Vietnam or not?
Yes, Paraguay citizens need to have a valid visa for making trips to Vietnam. The Vietnam visa policy has given a clear visa exemption to only 17 nations and Paraguay is not a part of this list. Hence, it is a compulsion for the citizens here to procure a visa even for small trips to Vietnam. However, since Vietnam has strong democratic bonds with Paraguay, it has laid down several guidelines and rules falling under which the Paraguay citizens can avail several visa exemptions for a specified duration of time.
The following are some of the visa exemptions enjoyed by the Paraguay citizens:
1) The diplomatic passport holders in Paraguay have been granted a visa exemption, provided the diplomat does not stay in Vietnam for more than 60 to 90 days. Get in touch with the embassy for the exact exempted duration. For a stay lasting more than this, a valid visa will be essential.
2) The next exemption is for the Paraguay citizens who are spouses or children to present Vietnamese citizens. Such people can avail a visa exemption for up to 5 years only if they present, to the immigration department, all the necessary documents establishing their relationship with the Vietnamese citizen.
3) Another exemption has been given to the Vietnam citizens who are based in foreign countries. Hence, for Paraguay based Vietnamese citizens there is a visa exemption for a maximum duration of 5 years, provided all the necessary documents have been provided to the immigration department.
4) The children in Paraguay who are below the age of 14 years and share their passports either with their fathers or with mothers are exempted from obtaining a separate visa. If the child is not sharing the passport then the child will need a separate visa.
5) In order to add to the tourism, Vietnam has extended a visa exemption to the travelers. The people, who are planning to reach the Phu Quoc islands, are given a visa exemption for a maximum duration of 30 days. If they want to extend their stay or leave the island to reach the other parts, then they would need a valid visa.
These are only a few of the exemption explained in the Vietnam visa policy. It is recommended that you get detailed information on the exemption rules before applying for a visa. The citizen in Paraguay can obtain their visas either from the embassy or from online agents like us who arrange for VOAs for the aspiring travelers.
Paraguay, as if now, does not have any Vietnam embassy and therefore the citizens here will need to approach the Vietnam embassies located in other countries to process their request for visas. An embassy is a must if you wish to travel to Vietnam via road or waterways.
Visa on Arrival
In addition to the embassy visa, VOAs are also available for the people who are planning to fly to Vietnam. This visa process is super quick, effective, and economical as compared to the Embassy Visa. The visa can be obtained in a span of two business days.